Friday, April 5, 2013

I Work Out...? :/

Mama works out!
Credit to Tumblr


Being 21 weeks pregnant, I am trying to find anything to relieve some back pain and try to have a healthy pregnancy. So last night, I decided to hit the gym for the first time since I got pregnant. 
I am finding it to be more euphoric for me now vs. when I was not pregnant. I sat in the gym for an hour last night did my routine at a slow and steady pace and made sure to not push myself. I felt amazing once I got home and started to plan out my weekly work-outs from here on. 

I am not into Yoga or Pilates, even though I would love to be. I do not find the pleasure in making my body bend in 30 different ways that it was not meant to be. It hurts, I can not find my "center or core", I look ridiculous and I am pretty sure I would get stuck in 99.9% of the positions.  So, I will just stick with the treadmill and bike and free weights. 

I have gained 5 pounds this entire pregnancy, all of which is fluid and baby. Due to my HG in the first trimester, I was not able to put on any weight what-so-ever. Now that I am feeling better, I am looking at trying to maintain a healthy weight gain while eating healthy and being active. 

Did any of you work out in your pregnancies? What was your routine?
Feel free to share ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment