Monday, April 1, 2013

20 Weeks. Halfway Jam



This pregnancy has been an adventure and I am only 20 weeks. 
I had severe Hyperemesis Gravidarum from week 4 to week 18. Throwing up on average 6 to 8 times per day and could hardly keep anything down. I still had to manage to care for my two little girls, who needed me terribly. I was bringing one to school and dance classes, while trying to fight the urge to not pass out with every step I took. I spent a lot of time in Emergency Rooms, getting fluids and IV medications and praying for it all to end. 

I can now say, the throwing up has vanished but I did get a new friend. Severe lower back pain. I can not stand up without my body tightening up to a point of no return and there has been a few occasions where I have gotten stuck in the tub (classy, right?)
I have done Chiropractic visits, Icy Hot, Heat and Ice variations and every possible thing under the sun. Usually, I spend my nights in tears and pray that the pain will go away. Even though, I highly doubt it will.

How far along? 20 weeks!

How big is baby?  The Bump says she is the size of a Banana, Average size: 6.5 inches, 10.6 oz-
Our Doctor at the visit said she was 13 oz and 10 inches long..

Weight gain? 5 pounds and counting!

Maternity clothes? I have busted out the Roo pants, for sure. 
 
Stretchmarks? Nothing new

Sleep? Between the back pain and the two munchkins getting up every 5 hours, No.

Best moment this week?  She kicked a water glass off my belly in the tub. Both girls got to see it, they thought it was hilarious. 

Movement? At night she is CRAZY.  

Food cravings? Everything, I am always hungry. I crave Coffee terribly though. 

Gender? GIRL

Labor signs?  BH but no real signs, thank goodness.

Belly button in or out? Halfway there!

What I miss? Not having my back hurt. :(

What I am looking forward to?  Shopping for the Princess.


I remember when I found out, I was heartbroken. I so badly wanted a little boy to complete our family and give my Husband a Son. After my Husband sat and made me look at the bigger picture, I could not believe how excited I actually was. We decided to name her Mayzee (middle name TBA at birth)
I am getting all excited finding little pink and purple things and can not wait to hold my daughter. 

She is so active and loves to move and wiggle at night. The second I lay down, she is up like a fan at a Vikings game. Caylee and Lily are loving feeling her move. They place their little hands on my belly and she will kick away. The girls find it to be hilarious. 


I can not wait to share my next 20 week journey with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment